Image

With the placeholder imported into Unity, it was time to test if the visual concept for the spellcasting would look right, I created a first person perspective setup including a first person controller through some basic scripting. From there I spent some time designing the 30 words that would make up the three rows of spell words, sourced an elvish style font from the web and jumped into Photoshop for a long process of making the textures, saved out in .png format to retain opacity. Similarly, once in unity 30 materials had to be made and named, to match the 30 placeholder object now in the scene, and the words. One they had all been assigned I set the animations to legacy and hit play. The visuals to the spell casting system were in effect and working, circling the player in a fantasy manner. It was time to get scripting for the guts of the game.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s